If the short, dark, cold days are getting you down, it can be tempting just to ‘wait for Spring’ for your mood to lift. So that might work but you’ll have quite a bit of under-productive time before the Spring finally arrives and will you be ready when it does?
Don’t wait for Spring, get re-energised now!
- Remember why you started in this career. What pushed you to do it? Why is it important? What is your goal?
- Remind yourself of all the things you have achieved so far and congratulate yourself. -If you did it once you can do it again
- Meet with positive people, read positive books, follow positive media – remember your work is about re-wilding/ windpower/ circular economy… not about rising oceans and extreme weather events.
- Value yourself, don’t compare yourself. You are unique, the way you do things, your perspective, your energy are yours alone – the world is lucky to have you.
- Put your support in place – whether that’s your team at work, your coach, your family, your regular exercise.. make sure you have what you need to succeed.
If you’ve found this helpful, take some time to write down your responses to each of these suggestions. What do you think? What will you do?
Keep your record somewhere you can refer back to it when you feel you’re not working at your optimum.
Have a great year!